Friday 12 August 2016

Twenty-Two Things About Myself at Twenty-Two

Picture taken at Fraser Suites Sydney on my Twenty-Second birthday.
  1. This is my first year living without my parents.
  2. This week I started a new job, which is thrilling and terrifying at the same time. 
  3. I'm currently reading Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi. 
  4. The last film I watched was Room. It broke my heart.
  5. I am experiencing being in love for the first time.
  6. My perfect evening involves drinking wine and lounging around with my love. It doesn't matter where in the world we are.
  7. At the moment, I have three tattoos (an elephant, a poppy, and a constellation). 
  8. I recently decided not to do an honours project, a goal I've spent the last couple of years working towards. It's not the right time for me.
  9. I'm proud that I'm at the state where I can recognise those things and make decisions that are right for me.
  10. I've been neglecting my vegetable garden. Although the rain has saved it.
  11. Shopping has stopped giving me joy, I feel overwhelmed by the amount of things I own.
  12. My style is going in a direction that is a lot more colourful and free.
  13. My biggest worry right now is financial security.
  14. My biggest triumph right now is being off medication, and learning to lift myself out of dark times. 
  15. My favourite food recently has been vegetarian spring rolls.
  16. My drink of choice is red wine. My cocktail of choice is a cosmopolitan. 
  17. I take my tea black, no sugars. I don't drink coffee.
  18. My favourite colour is blue. 
  19. The last time I had tears of happiness was when my mother surprised me by visiting for my birthday dinner.
  20. I have a better support system of friends than I ever had in my entire life. 
  21. Every day I strive to be kinder and more understanding than I was the day before, even though it's often still difficult.
  22. My happiest memory right now is being at Little Bay in South West Rocks with my boyfriend, playing in the foam of the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day